Can you imagine pushing the limits of real-time software and taking media technology to the next level? Would you love to be part of the team behind our state-of-the-art audio and video processing solutions used by top tier global media and broadcasting corporations?
Then read on!
Nevion is a leader in the media industry providing award-winning media transport solutions to broadcasters, telecom service providers, governmental agencies and other industries.
Nevion is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony and is headquartered in Norway with sales and support offices in the UK, Poland, the USA, Dubai, Singapore and China.
Nevion is certified as a Great Place To Work, and we are an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We are looking for people with an interest in C++ and embedded software development who are driven by challenges and the satisfaction of individual accomplishment, who appreciate the value of good team spirit and understand that the best results require a sense of shared responsibility and “pulling together”. Nevion has development teams across three locations – Ipswich in England, and in Lysaker (Oslo) and Sandefjord in Norway. It is possible to work from any of these locations and in combination with home office.
As a member of our R&D team you will take part in all aspects of the process from design, development, testing and revising to delivery of our software for media processing and distribution. This includes defining software architectures according to best practices for software design and industry standards and collaborating with the hardware team on configuration and optimisation for current and new hardware. You will also work closely with the QA team on verifying software for release and investigating and resolving issues reported by end users.
With Nevion you have an opportunity to contribute, learn and develop solutions together with some of the best actors in the industry, with unique knowledge and insight in broadcasting, telecom, IT, hardware, software and network technology. The level of expertise is high, and you will be a part in defining the possibilities for the future.
Formal qualifications and experience
- BS or MSc degree in electronics, computer science, cybernetics or equivalent
- Experience with C++
Advantage if familiarity with any of the following topics:
- Real-time embedded programming
- Hardware schematics and technical drawings.
- Video, audio, IP network and signal processing
- Network and security, data encryption
- CPUs, GPUs, virtualization and application containerization
- Able to perform tasks independently
- Creative, curious, enthusiastic and keen to learn
- Dedicated to putting your ideas into practice
- Flexible team player and love working in a team
- Happy to ask when you need answers, and share when you have them so that you and the team can grow together
- Solution oriented and motivated
- Systematic and structured
- Excellent communications skills
- English working proficiency required, Norwegian language skills appreciated but not essential
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Nevion’s good pension – and insurance scheme
- Flexible working hours and some days of home office
- A certified great place to work
Contact Nevion for more information
Anders Dale, Senior Software Architect
Email: [email protected]
Mobile phone: +47 48 19 98 25