Can you imagine pushing the limits of real-time software and taking media technology to the next level? Would you love to be part of the team behind our state-of-the-art audio and video processing solutions used by top tier global media and broadcasting corporations?
Then read on!
Nevion is a leader in the media industry providing award-winning media transport solutions to broadcasters, telecom service providers, governmental agencies and other industries.
Nevion is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony and is headquartered in Norway with sales and support offices in the UK, Poland, the USA, Dubai, Singapore and China.
Nevion is certified as a Great Place To Work, and we are an equal opportunities employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
This is an opportunity to work on one of our flagship products, Nevion Virtuoso.
Widely deployed across the world by leading broadcasters and telecom service providers, Virtuoso is a standards-based, virtualization-ready and software-defined media node that can perform a variety of real-time functions to transport, process and monitor high-quality video and audio.
We are looking for an experienced hardware designer to be a part of our Virtuoso development team. The team consists of hardware, firmware and software developers, together with a test team. We are looking for someone to strengthen our hardware group. We design our own hardware and end up with schematics. The layout is done externally, and the production done at the Hapro factory in Norway.
Formal qualifications and experience
- BSc/MSc in Electronic, or equivalent (Relevant experience may, under some circumstances, make up for the lack of formal education)
- Well experienced within hardware design
- Experience with the development of complex cards for high data rates (10G+ and 12+ layers)
- Experience with introducing hardware into manufacturing
Advantage if familiarity with any of the following topics:
- Audio and video knowledge
- ECAD-tools (e.g. Cadence)
- Simulation of high-speed PCB
- Managing skills
- Have a passion for good hardware design and interest in new and future-proof solutions
- We would like you to be creative and enthusiastic
- Able to perform tasks independently, but also be a flexible team player
- Able to follow the market for electronic circuits and be interested in seeking new solutions
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- You will be member of Nevion’s good pension – and insurance scheme
- Flexible working hours and some days of home office
- A certified great place to work
Contact Nevion for more information
Bjørnar Langen, Development Director Virtuoso
Email: [email protected]
Mobile phone: +47 91 15 03 63