Nevion’s technology manages and transports Video and Media from the camera to the home; providing an integrated software/hardware and service offering to give unmatched expertise as the leading provider of media transport solutions.
Serving Broadcast, Service provider and Government agencies worldwide, Nevion provides SDN orchestration systems (VideoIPath) for video, audio and data transport over IP networks, but also legacy optical Fibre and SDI or SDH topologies. Nevion’s software defined media nodes (Virtuoso FA and MI) provides IP edge adaptation to position and transform media flows onto IP networks using redundant linear and compressed techniques for low latency, live real-time media delivery (SMPTE, VSF, NMOS, J2K, MPEG 4, TICO and JPEG XS).
This position is within our 2nd Line Customer Support Team within the Business Operations division of Nevion and offers post-sales service and technical support with a focus on key service account management to deliver efficient, outstanding customer success.
Nevion’s world headquarters are in Norway with Americas headquartered in California. Nevion also maintains offices in the UK, Poland, Dubai, Far East and USA.
Nevion is seeking a 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to be part of the international support team reporting to the Director of Global Customer Support. The position will be based in our Ipswich office in the UK and offers an opportunity to work in an enthusiastic, innovative team offering solutions to leading international media-based customers.
- Providing 2nd line technical support to our customers in IP networking and media transport systems with a strong IT and Broadcast working knowledge.
- Training of resellers and end-customers.
- Helping customers optimize their systems.
- Following up service level agreements, fulfilling KPI obligations.
- Act as a primary point of contact for key service accounts, producing reports and attending regular meetings.
- Product and system testing for pre- and post-sales delivery.
- Ongoing 1st and 2nd line technical support of legacy equipment (training provided).
- Working in close contact with our 1st line support, R&D teams, product management and global sales teams to provide optimal support for our customers.
- BEng in Electrical Engineering, BSc Computer Science or equivalent qualifications and/or experience in the Broadcast Engineering sector.
- Practical and theoretical experience in traditional broadcast technologies (Video, Audio and Data).
- Practical experience of working with broadcast IP technologies (ST2022, ST2110, NMOS, AES67).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Networking Infrastructure (Cisco, Arista and Mellanox switches).
- Practical experience of troubleshooting in a Linux environment (Red Hat, CentOS).
- Able to perform tasks independently.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn.
- Flexible team player.
- Solution oriented.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Experience delivering consistently excellent customer service.
- We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Pension contribution and other benefits are offered within the role.
- Some international travel activity is to be expected.
- Some requirement for working during unsociable hours is expected (additional remuneration).
- Successful candidates will be expected to join our 24/7/365 on-call rota after a successful induction period (additional remuneration).
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the UK at the point of applying.
How to Apply
Prospective candidates should apply via Peter Holland at Hollbridge Recruitment who are acting as our agent for this vacancy.
Mobile: +44 7979 036 873