As part of Nevion’s VikinX family of broadcast audio- and video routers, VikinX eMerge EM-GE is a series of next generation Gigabit Ethernet/IP switches, specifically designed to aggregate, switch and forward IP media streams in a broadcast environment. VikinX eMerge is ideal for any broadcast application where robust, high performance Ethernet switching is required. While these IP media routers can be applied as core-, metro- or edge devices in new network installations, they can also be used in mixed environments where a smooth migration to IP is needed.
The VikinX eMerge EM-GE portfolio can be used in several broadcast applications including;
- Aggregation of multiple Ethernet-based audio- and video signals onto one or more Gigabit Ethernet or 10Gigabit Ethernet lines
- OpenFlow v1.3 support
- Point-to-point and point-to-multipoint routing of Ethernet-based audio- and video signals
- Aggregation- and routing of broadcast data control signals like RS232, RS422, RS485 and GPI, when pre-mapped into Ethernet packets
- Distribution of Ethernet-based synchronization signals
- Ethernet transport networks for broadcast contribution-, distribution- and studio infrastructure
VikinX eMerge can be deployed as a simple plug- and play device for many of these broadcast applications, and for more sophisticated networks the products include a wide range of advanced Ethernet- and IP features.
Several different eMerge EM-GE base units are available, with a choice of 24 or 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can either be fixed or SFP-based. All EM-GE base units are delivered with a single AC- or DC power supply, and an additional power supply can be added for redundancy purposes. Optional 10GigE uplink modules are also supported on the eMerge EM-GE base units, providing up to four additional 10GigE SFP+ ports.