Nevion and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Nevion AS takes your right to privacy and the protection of your personal data very seriously. Our policy in this regard is designed to be compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legislation – one of the world’s most stringent privacy and personal data protection regulations.
Below are details about what that means in practice.
How we get data about you
As a business, we may be in receipt of data about you, for example when you:
- Give us your business card
- Let us scan your badge at a tradeshow
- Send us an email or a letter
- Fill in a form on our website to register for an event or download a document
- Request for access to protected parts of our website, e.g. Business Partner portal, our product demo site, or our product database
- Require support online
- Allow us to take a picture of you in a business context at an event or elsewhere
- Visit our website (e.g. cookies)
- Or in some other way, in the normal course of conducting business with your organisation
What data we hold
We may store the personal work data you provide in order to help us conduct business together. The type of data we typically store is some, or all, the following:
- Your name
- Your contact details (the company you work for, your office address, your work phone numbers, your work email addresses)
- Photos featuring you
- IP addresses and cookies if you visit our website
What we do with that data
We may process personal data primarily with a view of providing a service you requested explicitly, for example:
- Fulfilling existing contracts
- Interactions related to on-going discussions with a view to reach a contractual relation (e.g. sales process)
- Registering you for events we are involved in such as our pre-NAB, pre-IBC, specific customer and partner events
- Enabling you to access restricted areas of Nevion’s website
- Sending documents you requested online
We may also process the data in order to:
- Send you emails about events where you can meet us, webinars you might be interested in, notices of new whitepapers, or provide relevant Nevion related news (e.g. Newsletter)
- Analyze web-traffic on Nevion.com (Google Analytics) or for targeted digital advertising (Google Ads)
How we ensure your privacy
If you are a Nevion customer, prospective customer, business partner, technology partner, investor or supplier, or if you are a journalist or industry analyst, or have provided us your data while visiting us at a trade-show, we believe Nevion is storing and processing your personal data lawfully, based on our mutual legitimate interest. If you do not agree with this, you can change your privacy settings (see Your Rights below).
If you are not none of the above, we will seek your explicitly opt-in consent to store your data and use it as described above.
The data you provide us will always be stored securely, in encrypted databases with restricted user access, protected by passwords and typically accessed only from Nevion computers that are also password protected and hold data in encrypted form on the local drives.
Your data might be transferred to third parties, such as Nevion’s subsidiaries, partners or organizations whose Cloud-based business software tools we use – solely for conducting Nevion-related business. In all cases, appropriate safeguards will be taken to protect your personal data. Appropriate safeguards include for example standard data protection clauses, or are based on Commission Implementing Decisions, for example: adequacy of the protection provided by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Your data will not be disclosed to entities who would be able to decide how your data is used (known as controllers in GDPR terminology). In all cases, you data and how its used will remain under the control of Nevion.
You are not required to provide your personal data. Your personal data will be processed for the time you’ve provided consent for the processing and you can withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You also have the right to request from us access to the personal data we hold about you, and ask for it to be modified or deleted. You can also ask for a restriction or object to the processing of your data. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. We do not intend to perform automated decision making, including profiling.
The consent form can be found in any personalised outgoing mail communication or accessing this form
If you have any questions regarding how we protect your personal data contact our data protection officer at email@example.com.