Nevion Virtuoso is a revolutionary software-defined media platform, offering wide-ranging functionality for live production, contribution and professional media transport applications. Its versatility enables a faster time-to-production and greater cost-effectiveness.
Click here for a video introduction as well as why choose Virtuoso
Virtuoso’s functionality is virtualized, and delivered by software modules, known as Media Functions – all designed to perform with ultra-low latency. These licensed-controlled functions can be installed, activated and changed on demand – meaning there is no need to switch equipment when a change of functionality is required. Most of the media functions run on generic Media accelerator cards, which are housed in a Media Node Appliance. Accelerator cards provide the required processing resources for media functions ranging from video encoding to advanced audio video processing.
Nevion Virtuoso can perform a large variety of software-based media functions, including but not limited to:
- SDI, SMPTE 2022-6 and SMPTE 2110 processing and adaptation
- IP audio adaptation, embedding/de-embedding, processing and mixing (MADI, AES3, ST2110, AES67)
- Visually lossless video encoding and decoding with JPEG XS, JPEG 2000 and TICO
- Video processing including Up/Down/Cross conversion, Frame Sync and HDR/SDR conversion
- Support for SD, HD, 3G and 12G/UHD broadcast formats, 2K and 4K film/cinema formats, slow-motion and high frame rate
- Advanced transport protection, including FEC, SMPTE 2022-7 seamless switching and LDO (launch delay offset)
- ASI and Transport Stream over IP adaptation, with built-in advanced TS monitoring
- Extensive input signal monitoring with option for alarm-based redundancy switching
See a comprehensive list of capabilities here
Media functions are listed on this page, under Related Products below.
Media Node Appliances
The Nevion Virtuoso platform has been designed to allow for the provision of Media Node Appliances with different characteristics, such as size, number of Media Accelerator cards that can be accommodated and level of modularity and redundancy, in order to suit virtually any deployment scenario.
- Nevion Virtuoso MI is a carrier-grade 1RU modular platform with dual AC load-sharing power supplies, supporting hot-swap and full internal redundancy for element management and control, high speed internal communication, and timing/sync distribution. Nevion Virtuoso MI holds up to 8 Media Accelerator cards. Take the 360 tour of the Nevion Virtuoso MI
- Nevion Virtuoso RE: a compact 1RU media node with dual AC load-sharing power supplies, integrated element manager and a high-speed internal communication fabric, with built-in timing/sync distribution. Nevion Virtuoso RE holds up to 6 Media Accelerator cards.
- Nevion Virtuoso FA: a 1RU integrated appliance that holds up to 4 Media Accelerators. Find out more here.
Nevion Virtuoso Media Accelerator cards are designed to provide the optimum performance for Media Functions. Currently, the following Media Accelerators are available:
- HBR10 Media Accelerator: generic processing card with flexible interfacing to IP/10GE, SDI/video up to 12G/UHD and audio.
- HBR25 Media Accelerator: generic processing card with flexible interfacing to IP/25GE and SDI video up to UHD/12G.
- AES3 Digital Audio Card: designed for AES3 digital audio interfacing.
- RPRO Audio Card: designed for AES3 digital audio, analog audio, GPIO and audio/video sync output.
Management and orchestration
The Nevion Virtuoso platform, together with Nevion’s VideoIPath orchestration and SDN management software, are designed to enable the full potential of IP-based lean production. VideoIPath controls the functionality on the platform including service scheduling, provisioning and monitoring.
Find out more by clicking here.
Remote device configuration and monitoring is based on HTML5 web user interfaces or open RESTful APIs.