Nevion Virtuoso FA is a software-defined media node, offering wide-ranging functionality for live production, contribution and professional media transport applications. Its versatility enables a faster time-to-production and greater cost-effectiveness.
This product may have limited availability, please contact Nevion sales or use the form below.
Media functions are listed on this page, under Related Products below. The functionality covers:
- SDI, SMPTE 2022-6 and SMPTE 2110 processing and adaption
- MADI, SMPTE 2110 / AES67 IP audio adaption, embedding/de-embedding, processing and mixing
- Video encoding and decoding for JPEG 2000, TICO and H.264/AVC
- Support for SD, HD, 3G and 12G/UHD broadcast formats, 2K and 4K film/cinema formats, slow-motion and stereoscopic 3D
- Extensive input signal monitoring with option for alarm-based input switching
- ASI and Transport Stream over IP adaptation, with built-in TS monitoring and redundancy switching functionality
- Advanced transport protection, including FEC, SMPTE 2022-7 seamless switching and LDO (launch delay offset)
Check out the new Virtuoso media functions for ASI-IP conversion and TS-IP gateway/monitoring/switching applications!
Media Node and Accelerator Cards
Nevion Virtuoso FA a 1 RU media node appliance with dual AC load-sharing power supplies. It includes a built-in 10GE uplink for MPEG-2 TS adaption, processing and monitoring, as well as element management functions. It can hold up to four Media Accelerators:
- HBR Media Accelerator: generic processing card with flexible interfacing to IP/10GE, SDI/video and MADI audio.
- ASI Adapter: designed for ASI Transport Stream interfacing
- H.264/AVC Accelerator: designed for the high quality H.264/AVC and MPEG-2 encoding/decoding
Management and orchestration
The Nevion Virtuoso platform, together with Nevion’s VideoIPath orchestration and SDN management software, are designed to enable the full potential of IP-based media transport. VideoIPath controls the functionality on the platform including service scheduling, provisioning and monitoring.
Remote device configuration and monitoring is based on HTML5 web user interfaces, RESTful APIs or Nevion Viewer.
Find out more by clicking here.